see why the coming four-team playoff wont solve all

#1 von Bellroll33 ( gelöscht ) , 17.06.2019 11:21

As college football prepares for the final Bowl Championship Series, featuring a Florida State-Auburn championship game, its easy to see why the coming four-team playoff wont solve all the post-season problems. Heck, we might just miss the BCS. Maybe? It sort of worked out this season. Top-ranked Florida State (13-0) was the only team to get through the regular season unbeaten, and the Seminoles did it in dominating fashion. Auburn (12-1) won the Southeastern Conference, and among the teams with imperfect records the Tigers resume is best. "We all complain about the BCS, but isnt it funny how often they get it right," Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said. The pairings became official Sunday night when the final BCS standings came out. There was no question about 1 and 2. Itll be the Noles and Tigers at the Rose Bowl on Jan. 6 for the national championship. In the other marquee bowls: -- Alabama will play Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. -- Clemson will play Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. -- Michigan State will play Stanford in the Rose Bowl. -- Baylor will play UCF in the Fiesta Bowl. Of course, Big 12 champion Baylor (11-1) and Big Ten champion Michigan State (12-1) might argue with that top two. But over 16 seasons college football fans have built up what can be called BCS acceptance, learning to live with the fact that there is only room for two. Fans of particularly aggrieved teams (2000 Miami, 2004 Auburn, 2008 Texas, just to name a few) still burn over the slights. Generally, though, by the time the championship game kicked off, most everybody was on board. And only eight times before the BCS did No. 1 play No. 2 in a bowl game. "Its been a remarkable seismic change for this sport," executive director Bill Hancock said. "That was unthinkable before the BCS." Now think about this season playing out under next seasons format. In the new world order known as the College Football Playoff, a selection committee will pick four teams to play in national semifinals. The winners play for the championship. So how would a panel that includes Tom Osborne, Archie Manning and Condoleezza Rice sort out this seasons top four? Florida State and Auburn, of course. And ... Baylor and Michigan State? But what about Pac-12 champion Stanford (11-2)? Sure the Cardinal have two losses, but as Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said Saturday at the end of a week in which he and the rest of the SEC practically begged voters to overlook the number in the loss column and focus on quality of opposition: "I have nine words. Strength of schedule. Strength of schedule. Strength of schedule." Among this seasons best teams, Stanford played the toughest schedule. And then there is two-time defending champion Alabama (11-1). "Were not a natural playoff sport," said Duke coach David Cutcliffe, who was the offensive co-ordinator at Tennessee when it won the first BCS championship game against Florida State in the 1999 Fiesta Bowl. "I think we can make this work with four. "And the reason I think well make this work is I think what were all going to find out is the arguments are going to get bigger. Were going to go from a few schools being angry to a lot of schools being angry, and maybe thats going to be a good thing. I just want to be in the argument." Florida State showed Cutcliffe how far away Duke is from being in the argument in a 45-7 victory Saturday night in the Atlantic Coast Conference title game. In a season defined by blowouts, the only drama for Florida State came off the field, when quarterback Jameis Winston was investigated for sexual assault. The state attorney said there was not enough evidence to charge the redshirt freshman with a crime two days before the Seminoles played Duke. Winston is the runaway favourite to win the Heisman Trophy next Saturday. Auburn completed its worst-to-first run with a 59-42 victory in the Southeastern Conference championship game against Missouri. The Tigers didnt win a conference game last season. "This time last year, we were home, hanging out watching other guys play ball," running back Tre Mason said. "Thats not really what you want to be doing." Mason ran for 304 yards and four TDs against Mizzou to make a late Heisman push of his own. The Tigers have had some good fortune, including improbable plays to beat Georgia and Alabama. That left Auburn to try to extend the SECs BCS championship game winning streak to eight games against the school that played for the first three BCS titles under Bobby Bowden. Cheap Deion Sanders Jersey . - Florida State has suspended Jameis Winston for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday, extending its initial punishment of one half after the quarterback made offensive and vulgar comments about female anatomy earlier this week. Cheap Orlando Cepeda Jersey .com) - Colorado forward P. http://www.cheapsanfranciscogiantsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-will-clark-jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Cheap Barry Bonds Jersey . The above paragraph could be rewritten, verbatim, with Marcus Stromans name in place of Romeros. After both men had disastrous outings in Tuesdays 18-4 mauling at the hands of the Tigers, its clear that neither is the best option to begin the season in Toronto. Cheap Juan Marichal Jersey .1 Sam Stosur will meet Germanys second-ranked player Andrea Petkovic in the opening match of the Fed Cup World Group semifinal.INDIANAPOLIS -- After a 25-day search, the Cleveland Browns hired Mike Pettine as their new head coach last month. But the drama wasnt done. Less than three weeks after Pettine took the job, the Browns announced the dismissal of chief executive officer Joe Banner and general manager Michael Lombardi, Banner after a transition and Lombardi immediately. Then there was the report -- posted by the Pro Football Talk website Friday -- that before hiring Pettine the Browns tried to trade for Jim Harbaugh with San Francisco. Pettine? He just shrugged it off, which is probably the kind of attitude a guy who has become Clevelands seventh coach since 1999 has to have. "I got a phone call saying that report was going to come out, and I shot the messenger a little. I asked, How does that affect my tenure as the head coach? I think my next sentence used the word flying followed by something or referenced a part of a rats body," Pettine said Saturday at the NFL scouting combine. "I think thats noise. It has no bearing on my job moving forward." The report said the Browns and 49ers had a deal in place but Harbaugh decided to stay put. Via Twitter, 49ers CEO Jed York denied that waas true.dddddddddddd The Browns issued this statement: "The team conducted an extensive coaching search and explored several options. That search produced an outstanding head coach in Mike Pettine, and were excited about his future with the club." Pettine said the lack of denial by the Browns didnt bother him, either. "I think it shows the organizations committed to getting it turned around, that it would investigate that option," Pettine said. "I see that as a positive." Pettine said he has no regrets about leaving his post as Buffalos defensive co-ordinator to take the job with the Browns. "No, because thats negative. To me, this is a dream come true. I pinch myself every day. I wake up in the morning and I say, Im head coach of the Cleveland Browns. I cant wait to get to work," Pettine said. "Theres so much negative, I think you can get overwhelmed by it. I dont see it that way. I know that Im very blessed to be here." Harbaugh has led the 49ers to three straight NFC championship games, but they lost their only Super Bowl appearance with him. He just completed his third season of a $25 million, five-year contract. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Bellroll33

RE: see why the coming four-team playoff wont solve all

#2 von RalfW , 17.06.2019 11:29

Bereits den Admin's gemeldet

RalfW  
RalfW
Kapitän

Neuheiten Juni2019
Neuheiten Mai 2019

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz